Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Strange Behaviour By Post Editor

Normally, when I publish a post, I'll re publish repeatedly, to get the right content. For this post, I won't be doing that.

I just spent 1/2 hour updating another post, Another blog is already hosted at this address. I had to copy and paste some changes, from the published copy to Post Editor, when revising other changes. Here's what I did, initially.
  1. Start Post Editor.
  2. Make changes to an existing post.
  3. Publish the changes.
  4. Verify the changes in the updated post.
  5. Go back to Post Editor to revise the changes.
  6. The changes just made are gone.


Other bloggers claim that AutoSave doesn't work either.
Your request could not be processed. Please try again.
Auto Save failed.


And some claim problems with the posting date / time.
when i post the time it is wrong and doesn't change. keeps showing 12.08.


>> (Update 9/20 8:00): Last night, Prashant declared this episode to be over.
Recently, some of our users reported problems with editing, publishing and auto saving posts. We have released a fix which should prevent this from happening.


>> (Update 9/19 12:00): A Blogger Employee has (finally) posted a pinned thread, with a possible workaround.
Clear your browser's cache but do -not- clear your cookies.
In the process of adding this update, I note that my Post Editor shows very old contents for this post. Moving to another computer, I am able to update the current copy of my post. (1) But, to annotate the update, I have to move to yet a third computer. And I must note that the second computer is NOT typically used for composing or editing posts, so having a Post Editor article in cache there is not a possibility. And now, I am out of computers. I suspect that I will have to cease updating this post.

>> If you're still experiencing this problem, try clearing both cache and cookies, and restarting the browser. Or, try using a different browser for your editing.

>> (Update 9/18 13:00): A Blogger Employee is now asking for diagnostic details.
could you tell me the URL of the blogs you're experiencing this problem with, what Operating System (e.g. Windows XP) you're using, what Web browser you're using (e.g. Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer), and what country you're in.


>> (Update 9/18 8:00): The problem is not 100%, and it's not consistent. I'm able to post here, now. (1) And, having posted and verified the post, I can edit and see my immediately previous change. (2) And I can correct and annotate the previous change, too. (3) And so on. (4) And now we see 4 posts in a 10 minute span of time, and no loss of updates. (5) Looks like I, at least, am back in business. (6) And see my subsequent tests, too.

>> Forum thread links: bX-*00083

>> Copy this tag: bX-*00083

>> Top

Elm0D

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Navigate» Become author for this Blog

Manual Categories