Saturday, November 21, 2009

Make A Team Blog And Keep The Members Separate

Occasionally, we see a confused query
How do I allow access to my blog, and keep my GMail account private to me?
or
How do I have my friends using my blog, and each person use their own name in publishing posts?
These are people who do not understand the concept of team blogs.

Team blogs use a separate Blogger / Google account for each member, they do not require everybody to share one Blogger / Google account. You add each team member as an Author, in Settings - Permissions. When you do this, note two cogent details.
  1. Each blog is limited to 100 Members (Authors + Administrators + Owners), in total.
  2. You can invite members, using the email address that you know. People can accept membership using what email adddress (Google account) they wish. People may be able to accept multiple member entries, which may affect the 99 author limit.
If either of those two details are a problem to you, perhaps you should look at Content Management Systems. A CMS may give you more control over access to your blog.

>> Top

Elm0D

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Navigate» Become author for this Blog

Manual Categories