Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dynamic Templates Let Your Readers Decide How To View Your Blog

One odd feature of the dynamic templates - giving your readers the choice how they want to view your blog - is a detail that not everybody seems to get.

In the ongoing discussion What do you think of Dynamic Views?, we see some dissenting opinions.
I don't like the fact that readers can change the way they view my blog. I want things to be viewed the way I set them up, and not have them be changeable by the viewer.
Personally, as long as each view lets some people view my blog, I'm happy to let anybody select the template that lets them view the blog, as it pleases them.

As a blog publisher, my goal is to provide content, that's interesting and useful to my readers.

If all of the Dynamic Templates display the blog posts so my readers can read the posts, why should I care what format they select, to display the posts?

I chose to show my test blog - Musings, using the Magazine view, as the default. If some people choose to continue to read the content using Magazine, that's OK. If others decide that Timeslide is more their preference, that's fine too. The people using Timeslide to view the blog are still reading the blog - and maybe some people using Timeslide are people who might not choose to stay, if Magazine is the only choice.

You can't display this blog, using a dynamic template, any more. You may wish to evaluate dynamic views, for your blog, very carefully.

Personally, I'll let my readers decide. Their computers, their decision. But, it's your blog - and in the end, it's your choice.

Elm0D

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Navigate» Become author for this Blog

Manual Categories